This remarkable article will provide you the precise and accurate knowledge about Orthokeratology lenses Singapore. So, let’s dive into this article to get more information.
What is Orthokeratology?
Orthokeratology, or ortho-k, is the temporary reshaping of the cornea with specifically designed and fitted contact lenses to improve eyesight. Ortho-k lenses are also called “corneal reshaping contact lenses” or “overnight contact lenses to improve myopia.” It’s similar to getting braces for your teeth, and the therapy is frequently compared to dental braces. The majority of ortho-k lenses are used at night to reshape the front surface of the eye. Improvements in vision are reversible, but they can be improved if you continue to wear the lenses as prescribed.
Purpose of Orthokeratology
- To correct refractive errors of short-sightedness, astigmatism, and hyperopia.
- It is also used to correct presbyopia.
- To slow the progress of teens’ myopia.
Steps to clear vision using lenses
- Insert Ortho K lenses before you go to sleep.
- Sleep adequately.
- You must remove Ortho K lenses when you wake up.
- You have to store Ortho K lenses in solution to clean.
Benefits of Ortho-K
- Ortho-K lenses can correct mild to moderate degrees of myopia, hypermetropia, and even astigmatism, without using glasses or daytime contact lenses throughout the waking hours.
- Orthokeratology lenses allow individuals to experience good vision without the need for glasses or daytime contacts.
- Some people have pondered laser surgery but want to try a non-invasive treatment first, or their prescription hasn’t stabilized enough to warrant permanent surgery.
- Ortho-K lenses can help children and teenagers see again, allowing them to go glasses-free for school, sports, and other activities.
- It helps children slow down the progress of myopia and help them to prevent their prescription from getting stronger by reducing abnormal elongation of the eye.
- Ortho-K lenses are typically fitted for prescriptions up to -7.00, with higher prescriptions achievable depending on the patient’s compatibility.
- It’s a perfectly safe and reversible procedure. The effect of the lens wears off after 48-72 hours, and the cornea gradually returns to its original form. Ortho-K is a safe, non-surgical, and non-permanent alternative to laser correction surgery for many people. It also has the added benefit of dramatically slowing down myopia growth in children, which ordinary glasses and contact lenses cannot do.
So, this was all about the Orthokeratology lenses Singapore. I hope you have now got the idea regarding this. So, book your appointment now with the perfect and well-experienced center before taking any medications or treatment concerns with the doctors first and then only proceed.